It was almost 6 years ago to the date when the Lord started doing something new in our lives. I was between jobs and sensing a call to change directions in my career. Doors began to open that I wouldn’t have naturally expected while others started to close. During this 6-year period, we’ve seen joy, hardship, new challenges, and great victories. We’ve had three beautiful children, and I, by God’s grace, completed a masters degree from Knox Theological Seminary. Through it all, the Lord has relentlessly been preparing, shaping, encouraging, and equipping Mary and I for our next season of life: to participate and lead in the church planting movement across the Chicago area for the restoration of lives, our communities, and the world by the cross of Christ and for His kingdom.
Plans are still emerging and changing on a daily basis, but the call, timing and vision is clear. We’ll share more in the coming days and weeks, so keep an eye here on my blog!
In the meantime, here is how you can begin supporting us in prayer:
- For absolute clarity on the church planting organization that we ultimately choose to partner with.
- For the Holy Spirit to lead us and bring clarity on the location of our new church. (We’re looking at a number of locations in the North/North-West Suburbs.)
- For peace and joy in our family during this transition season.
- For Matt to finish strong in his current pastoral role at Grace Community Bible Church in Grayslake. (Matt will be leaving at the end of August, 2017).
- For our home in Grayslake to sell quickly and for a good price.
- For us to find a great new home in the community we’re being led to.
- For financial provision (for our family and our new church).
- For the calling of new leaders to the church.
- For the Holy Spirit to be laying the foundation for the new church in the hearts and minds of both believers and non-believers.
How to get updates on our church plant:
Looking forward to sharing more with you in the coming days!
By the Cross and for the Kingdom,