It has been a whirlwind for the Till family lately, but I’m happy to share a number of exciting updates and ways you can be praying for us and Restoration Church!
Highlights from August …
- We said “goodbye” to our home in Grayslake and “welcome home” to our new place in Lake Zurich. Although we are still getting settled, we love our new home and community!
- “Prof. Till” started teaching at Moody Bible Institute in the communications department. This is a great additional ministry opportunity for me while pastoring a new church plant.
- We celebrated Sydney’s first birthday on August 20.
- We also hosted a number of family and friends last weekend for a joint celebration for Sydney and Alyssa’s upcoming 5th birthday.
- We also said “see you later” to Grace Community Bible Church in Grayslake where I served as the Associate Pastor. Grace Community was instrumental in providing the space for us to learn, grow, and allow the Lord to prepare us for church planting. We are forever grateful for them and thankful that our relationship continues.
- I spent three days in northern Wisconsin two weeks ago on a retreat with my fellow church planters and our coaches with the EFCA. It was a great opportunity of fellowship, prayer, and preparing our hearts for the residency that begins after Labor Day.
- ALSO … we have met and exceeded our initial fundraising goal! Thank you to those that are supporting us in this way. Because of this, we can begin preparing for phase two of our fundraising efforts that will go towards the launch of Restoration Church.
Current Prayer Requests
- I begin the formal residency program with Reach Chicago next week. Please be praying for this time of learning and personal development in preparation for leading and pastoring a new church.
- Pray for continued favor within the Lake Zurich community. We are already beginning to build relationships with our neighbors.
- Pray the Lord would call many to be part of Restoration Church, especially those that do not already know Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Praise the Lord that we met our initial fundraising goal! Pray for the next phase and for the Spirit’s leading in that process.
- We’ll be starting a bi-weekly Prayer Gathering for Restoration Church that will be open to all. Watch my blog for an announcement about it early next week!