Our First Prayer Gathering
Last Wednesday night, sixteen adults gathered together in our home located in the heart of Lake Zurich to worship our great God, read His word, and spend time in focused prayer for the community, our neighbors, God’s church, and the expansion of His Kingdom. It was truly a special night! We are greatly encouraged by the beginnings of Restoration Church and those who are coming alongside us in this important gospel mission. Is the Lord calling you to join us? Our next Prayer Gathering will be Wednesday, September 27 at 6:30pm.
Reach Chicago Residency Update
I just wrapped up week-two of the Reach Chicago Residency, which completes one full cycle of sessions covering four primary tracks focused on Pastoral Leadership, Spiritual Formation, Church Planting, and Preaching. We meet twice a week for a 4-hour time block as a cohort of church planters and coaches. Each session has been a spiritually challenging, enriching, and intentionally practical. Needless to say, I’m a bit overwhelmed by the work and reading that is due every week, yet also blessed and inspired by it all.
What We’ve Been Up To
Aside from starting the residency and launching our first prayer gathering for Restoration Church, here’s some of the other things we have been up to as a family:
- Last week, Mary attended a two-day retreat with the other pastor’s wives through the Reach Chicago program. She was greatly encouraged and refreshed by this time away.
- We also celebrated Alyssa’s 5th birthday by taking a trip together as a family to our favorite place in the city of Chicago, Maggie Daley Park. It was a cool and cloudy day (it even rained on us for a short time), but we had a great time together.
- This week Mary and I had an opportunity to attend a conference at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School dedicated to the academic study of the Reformation in celebration of its 500th year. We heard some insightful papers read from the likes of Dr. Michael Horton and Dr. Scott Manetsch, along with an inspiring chapel session with Kevin DeYoung on “Justification for Today”.
- Mary and I got a much needed date night in this week by visiting a new restaurant in Lake Zurich.
- I finally completed my licensing thesis this week. Now it goes under review and will require some additional changes in the coming future, but for now, the bulk of the work has been completed. Thanks to those that were praying for me in this.
Here’s how you can be praying for us and Restoration Church this week:
- Pray for the success of our next Prayer Gathering.
- Pray that the needs of the community would become apparent and that we would have special insight on how best to respond to them with the gospel.
- Pray for favor among residents, business owners, community leaders, and pastors in Lake Zurich and the surrounding communities.
- Pray for spiritual protection over our family, including fulfilling times of rest and togetherness as a family.
- Begin praying that the Lord would lay the groundwork for the provision of a future meeting place for Restoration Church.
Looking to Support Restoration Church?
We invite you to support our church planting effort! Restoration Church is a church with a missional-movement mindset: to restore lives, our communities, and the world with the transformational power of the gospel. If you are being led to be part of this movement, here are three ways you can contribute:
- Pray: Join our prayer team by subscribing to this blog and get updates delivered to your inbox as they are published with news and current prayer requests.
- Give: We’re raising funds for staffing, resources, ministry, benevolence, and a future meeting space. You can give online with a special or recurring gift at: http://pushpay.com/pay/reachchicago. Be sure to select fund “Matt Till”.
- Go: Be part of an exciting opportunity and movement of starting a new church in the Lake Zurich area! Our core group is forming now. Learn more by connecting with me over email at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the cross and for the kingdom,