Before we sold our home and moved to Lake Zurich, the Lord put on our heart five key needs in the community that would likely define the ministry of Restoration Church in our early days and years. I’m happy to report to you that our first ministry in one of those key areas is launching this weekend while the groundwork for two additional ones are already in motion!
If you recall from our announcement post this summer, we identified five key needs in Lake Zurich. They are (in no particular order),
- Supporting divorced and blended families
- Mentoring teens and young adults
- Caring for a growing elderly population
- Breaking down the walls of socio-economic barriers
- Loving our neighbor by supporting development programs in at-risk communities
Beginning this weekend, Restoration Church will begin to serve our growing elderly population by providing a worship gathering with music, sharing Scripture, providing communion, and making new friends at an assisted living facility in Lake Zurich that specializes in memory care. This is just one of the ways that your prayers are being answered – the Lord granting us favor in our community!
In addition, last Sunday we visited the church of our new pastor friend on the west-side of Chicago in the Austin neighborhood. We’re excited about the growing relationship and trust that is taking place! The Lord has been at work and we’re prayerfully considering how God may choose to engage us in the support of development programs in that community. The mission of Restoration Church is to restore lives, our communities, and world with the transformational power of the gospel. We believe relationships and opportunities like this are at the forefront of restoring our communities and world, forging a gospel-centered, Christ-like path towards racial reconciliation and breaking down the walls of socio-economic barriers.
- Pray for our new elderly care ministry this weekend. Pray for its success, spirit-led interactions, and gospel-centered approach.
- Pray for our growing relationship and potential influence in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago.
- Pray for our missional community groups that will be launching in January.
- Join us in praying for laborers to join us in our gospel-work in Lake Zurich and surrounding communities. The harvest is plentiful (with over 100,000 people un-churched), we need faithful people to join us! (Matthew 9:37-38)
- I have two preaching opportunities later this month. Pray for spirit-led direction and insight in my preparation. Also, be praying that I and the Word will be well received by the congregations I will be ministering to.
- Pray for our family around the holiday season. Next week begins a three-week break from the Reach Chicago residency. Pray I am able to use the time to catch-up on other work along with having quality, restful time with my family.
- Pray for the other two church planters, their families, and their forming core groups in the Reach Chicago residency. Their names are Ben Sincock (planting in Schiller Park) and Peter LeBlanc (planting in Hoffman Estates).
By the Cross. For the Kingdom.