The church of the future, if it intends to maintain relevance or the prophetic voice in our culture to which it has been called, must be a living, breathing, relating, and incarnational witness to the living God in Jesus Christ. It must take seriously the commandment to love God and love others.
Last Sunday, our team was welcomed inside the Silverado Assisted Living facility in Lake Zurich with the purpose to conduct a bible study, sing songs, and offer communion to residents of faith. We’re grateful for the opportunity to love our aging neighbors in a meaningful way that they have been asking for. Lake Zurich, although a growing community of young families, is also an aging community, home to multiple assisted living facilities, many specializing in memory care such as Silverado. We believe it’s our role to selflessly love our neighbors wherever Jesus leads us, pointing all along the way to joy, freedom, life and restoration found in him alone. Will you continue to pray for us as we follow opportunities such as these by faith?
Prayer Requests for Restoration Church
- Pray for our continued engagement with the residents at Silverado in Lake Zurich.
- Pray the Lord will send additional leaders and members to join our Launch Team in January.
- Pray for a growing heart and passion to follow Jesus by loving him and others.
- Pray that we will be known for our mission to see lives, our communities, and world restored by the power of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for effectiveness and reach of our newly launched Restoration Church Podcast.
- Pray for restorative rest and peace for our family and our team over the Christmas holiday.
By the Cross. For the Kingdom.
(More pictures from our time at Silverado in Lake Zurich last Sunday.)